About this trip
This Journey will strengthen your practice & you will enter a deeper understanding of your mind-body spirit relationship all while having a great time in a private relaxed atmosphere under a rainforest canopy in Costa Rica. This week invites you to physically recharge your body, bring balance to your life and freedom to your mind.
Discover your Nature – Hot Yoga Retreat
6 Nights of Full Accommodations in a Beautiful 4 Star resort / Delicious Fresh Meals / Fresh Fruits & Coffee All Day / Daily Classes in an on-site Heated Studio: SUN26 Yoga & Special workshops with Joseph Encinia & Lotus Sculpt and Lotus Yin with Carolina Rivera / Beautiful on-site Gardens, Swimming Pool & Whirl Pool / Outdoor Activities may include Surfing, Nature Park Visit, Zip Line and More / Meditation Sessions / Walking Distance from World-Class Surf Beach, Jaco.
Jaco, Costa Rica
Jaco is located in the center of the Pacific coast. Jaco Beach itself is about three miles long. The valley is ringed by beautiful jungle-covered mountains that rise 1,000 feet from the sea. Much of the beachfront development is residential on the south end, and the sand and the surf breaks here are wide open and uncrowded. In the center and middle, you will find more hostels and low-budget hotels and the mega-hotels in Jaco, so there are crowds if you are looking for them, but a seclusion is an option.
Jaco has long been recognized as the “surf city” of Costa Rica. There are ten more beaches and river mouth breaks within an hour’s drive. This area of the coast receives more consistent surf than most places on the planet, and with ten beaches to choose from, there is almost always something firing!
Docelunas has 20 rooms spread out over five acres of landscaped jungle gardens at the edge of the rainforest. The hotel s over 30 species of trees grow here, including seven different palm species and lots of flowers, including the exotic, sweet-smelling, ylang-ylang. Birds of paradise, heliconias, orchids, and bromeliads are everywhere!
The hotel is at the base of the tallest mountain, one mile from the south end of Jaco beach. Jaco Costa Rica is the most famous surf beach town in Costa Rica. It is the most accessible beach town to get to from the San Jose airport.
Airport – Juan Santamaría International is the primary airport serving San José, the capital of Costa Rica. It’s advised to schedule roundtrips between the dates of August 6th – August 12th. Airport transportation will be provided only during this dates. Ride from the airport to the hotel should be between 1.5 – 2 hours depending on traffic.
May, June, July, and August, the weather in Jaco Costa Rica is variable, with some sunny days and a few torrential showers of rain. Ten to twenty days out of the month, there will be some precipitation. In Jaco, the average rainfall for these months is about 5 inches. A lot of those five inches will fall in five or six hefty rains. Temperatures are slightly more relaxed, with daytime high temperatures around 84 being typical.
SUN26 is a system of yoga synthesized from traditional hatha yoga techniques. All classes run for 90 minutes and consist of 26 postures, including two breathing exercises. Our daily morning classes are conducted in an on-site heated studio and led by International Yoga Champion Joseph Encinia.
A 1-hr High Intensity-Low Impact full body conditioning class designed to tone and strengthen your muscles with a combination of Barre and Pilates movements. Lotus Sculpt© by Carolina Rivera improves your core strength, body alignment, posture and joint stability, all while following the rhythm of high energy and fun music!
A 1-hour meditation and restorative yoga class consisting of postures and techniques to gently release and restore the body’s connective tissue.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants must be 21+ by the beginning of the event.
- Airfare, alcoholic beverages, and tips are not included.
- Space is limited to ensure the quality of your experience. The deposit will hold your place. Half of the remaining balance is due60 days before the first day of the vacation (June 7th, 2023). The final payment is due 30 days before the first day of the retreat (July th, 2023). Any late payments can result in your spot be given away.
- Auto-pay: By choosing the two installments option you will be automatically enrolled in auto-pay. Your preferred payment method will be charged when a installment is due.
- Airport: Flights must be booked to Juan Santamaria International Airport, San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO).
- The check-in date is Sunday, August 6th. Activities start on Sunday evening. The check-out date is Saturday, August 12th. If you plan to arrive earlier than the start date or stay later than the end date, we would gladly contact the hotel and help you book those extra nights of accommodation and airport transportation. This will have to be processed through the hotel and added to your room charges.
- Airport transportation will be included only during the following dates: August 6th arrival and August 12th departure.
- Please share your flight information with us as soon as it is booked to organize airport transportation.
- All guests to this retreat are booked directly with Sun Lotus Retreats. All retreat activities are exclusive only for Sun Lotus Retreats guests.
- Payments: All online payments will be processed via WeTravel and can be made with a credit card (2.9% fee) or through your bank account (free of charge). You can choose to make one full payment or a $600 deposit plus two installments (due on June 7th, 2023 & July 7th, 2023). We accept check payments; please inquire via email for the mailing address. The prices stated are per person.
- Cancellations and Refunds: There are no refunds available. Deposits ($600) are non-refundable. Participants who cannot attend under any circumstances will be offered a credit towards the next retreat for their amount equal to the installments paid ONLY if they cancel their reservation before January 19th, 2023. Sun Lotus Retreats CAN’T offer credits or refunds for cancellation made after January 19th, 2023.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package, but it’s recommended.
- Sun Lotus Retreats reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.
All COVID restrictions have been lifted.
By joining a Sun Lotus Retreats event, you agree to the following terms:
- I recognize that yoga, fitness, workshops, retreats, and trips involve physical activities that may be strenuous and may cause injury. I understand that I must judge my capabilities concerning any activity. By participating in any action or practice taught at or by Sun Lotus Retreats in any location, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, that I may incur.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before and regarding my participation in any activity. I represent and warrant that I am physically and mentally fit and have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in any activity. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to inform the instructor of any injury or other illness that might affect my ability to participate in any activities and notify the instructor immediately if damage occurs.
- I hold myself fully responsible for my participation.
- I, MY HEIRS OR REPRESENTATIVES, RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR ASSERT CLAIM AGAINST SUN LOTUS YOGA, LLC, SUN LOTUS CENTER, SUN LOTUS RETREATS, THEIR EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGES OR DEATH CAUSED BY THEIR NEGLIGENCE. I KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM I MAY HAVE AGAINST SUN LOTUS YOGA, LLC, SUN LOTUS CENTER, THEIR EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGES, OR DEATH AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN SUN LOTUS RETREAT’S ACTIVITIES OF ANY KIND.
- I have carefully read this waiver and release. I agree to release and waive any claims that I have now irrevocably or hereafter may have against Sun Lotus Yoga, LLC, Sun Lotus Center, Sun Lotus Retreats, or any teacher affiliated with Sun Lotus Yoga.
By submitting your registration form and deposit, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to the above Terms & Conditions.