Get zen with us on Sunday, August 28 as we welcome the Sun Lotus Center for a FREE outdoor yoga class in the Backyard with Yoga Champion Joseph Encinia!
Bring your own mat and get ready to stretch, meditate, and move with us. Doors will open at 10:45 AM with the one hour class starting at 11 AM. Following the class, we welcome all the participants to stay for one free draft beer and a social gathering until 2 PM.
Space is limited to 25 people.
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this trip
This Journey will strengthen your practice & you will enter a deeper understanding of your mind-body spirit relationship all while having a great time in a private relaxed atmosphere under a rainforest canopy in Costa Rica. This week invites you to physically recharge your body, bring balance to your life and freedom to your mind.
Journey to Freedom – Hot Yoga Retreat
6 Nights of Full Accommodations in a Beautiful 4 Star resort / Delicious Fresh Meals / Fresh Fruits & Coffee All Day / Daily Yoga – SUN26 in an on-site Heated Studio with Joseph / Lotus Sculpt and Deep Stretching with Carolina / Beautiful on-site Gardens, Swimming Pool & Whirl Pool / Outdoor Activities may include Surfing, Nature Park Visit, Zip Line and More / Meditation Sessions / Walking Distance from World-Class Surf Beach, Jaco.
Jaco, Costa Rica
Jaco is located in the center of the Pacific coast. Jaco Beach itself is about three miles long. The valley is ringed by beautiful jungle-covered mountains that rise 1,000 feet from the sea. Much of the beachfront development is residential on the south end, and the sand and the surf breaks here are wide open and uncrowded. In the center and middle, you will find more hostels and low-budget hotels and the mega-hotels in Jaco, so there are crowds if you are looking for them, but a seclusion is an option.
Jaco has long been recognized as the “surf city” of Costa Rica. There are ten more beaches and river mouth breaks within an hour’s drive. This area of the coast receives more consistent surf than most places on the planet, and with ten beaches to choose from, there is almost always something firing!
Docelunas has 20 rooms spread out over five acres of landscaped jungle gardens at the edge of the rainforest. The hotel s over 30 species of trees grow here, including seven different palm species and lots of flowers, including the exotic, sweet-smelling, ylang-ylang. Birds of paradise, heliconias, orchids, and bromeliads are everywhere!
The hotel is at the base of the tallest mountain, one mile from the south end of Jaco beach. Jaco Costa Rica is the most famous surf beach town in Costa Rica. It is the most accessible beach town to get to from the San Jose airport.
Airport – Juan Santamaría International is the primary airport serving San José, the capital of Costa Rica. It’s advised to schedule roundtrips between the dates of February 19th – February 25th. Airport transportation will be provided only during this dates. Ride from the airport to the hotel should be between 1.5 – 2 hours depending on traffic.
February: the second dry month at the beginning of Costa Rica’s Pacific side dry season. The northwestern and central regions of Costa Rica have little rain and mostly sunny weather. What little rain falls usually comes as afternoon or evening showers. High temperatures in the lowlands and and near the beaches are in the low to mid-eighties (low to mid nineties are possible) and lows in the low seventies. Dress light during the day & bring a light sweater for the evening.
SUN26 is a system of yoga synthesized from traditional hatha yoga techniques. All classes run for 90 minutes and consist of 26 postures, including two breathing exercises. Our daily morning classes are conducted in an on-site heated studio and led by International Yoga Champion Joseph Encinia.
A High Intensity-Low Impact full body conditioning class designed to tone and strengthen your muscles with a combination of Barre and Pilates movements, and a strong focus on form precision to ensure a safe training. Lotus Sculpt© by Carolina Rivera improves your core strength, body alignment, posture and joint stability and increases endurance, all while following the rhythm of high energy and fun music!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants must be 21+ by the beginning of the event.
- Airfare, alcoholic beverages, and tips are not included.
- Space is limited to ensure the quality of your experience. The deposit will hold your place. Half of the remaining balance is due90 days before the first day of the vacation (November 21st, 2022). The final payment is due 60 days before the first day of the retreat (December 21st, 2022).
- Auto-pay: By choosing the two installments option you will be automatically enrolled in auto-pay. Your preferred payment method will be charged when a installment is due.
- Airport: Flights must be booked to Juan Santamaria International Airport, San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO).
- The check-in date is Sunday, February 19th. Activities start on Sunday evening. The check-out date is Saturday, February 25th. If you plan to arrive earlier than the start date or stay later than the end date, we would gladly contact the hotel and help you book those extra nights of accommodation and airport transportation. This will have to be processed through the hotel and added to your room charges.
- Airport transportation will be included only during the following dates: February 19th arrival and February 25th departure.
- Please share your flight information with us as soon as it is booked to organize airport transportation.
- All guests to this retreat are booked directly with Sun Lotus Retreats. All retreat activities are exclusive only for Sun Lotus Retreats guests.
- Payments: All online payments will be processed via WeTravel and can be made with a credit card (2.9% fee) or through your bank account (free of charge). You can choose to make one full payment or a $600 deposit plus two installments (due on November 21st, 2022 & December 21st, 2022). We accept check payments; please inquire via email for the mailing address. The prices stated are per person.
- Cancellations and Refunds: There are no refunds available. Deposits ($600) are non-refundable. Participants who cannot attend under any circumstances will be offered a credit towards the next retreat for their amount equal to the installments paid ONLY if they cancel their reservation before January 19th, 2023. Sun Lotus Retreats CAN’T offer credits or refunds for cancellation made after January 19th, 2023.
- Travel insurance is not included in the package, but it’s recommended.
- Sun Lotus Retreats reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.
Please note: This section will be updated as each country’s requirements change.
Traveling to Costa Rica
- As of April 1, the temporary immigration measures for entering Costa Rica – put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic – are repealed. This eliminates the requirement to complete the epidemiological form known as the Health Pass and the requirement of medical insurance for unvaccinated foreigners.
- Please review the test requirements of the airline you are flying with.
- Masks won’t be required on hotel premises, including the Yoga room. Please notice that masks may be required outside the hotel and to enter businesses in town. Please follow local guidelines.
Traveling from Costa Rica
- As of June 12, 2022, air passengers will not need to get tested and show a negative COVID-19 test result or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19 prior to boarding a flight to the United States regardless of vaccination status or citizenship. CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect.
- If you are traveling to another country, please check the local Covid guidelines.
By joining a Sun Lotus Retreats event, you agree to the following terms:
- I recognize that yoga, fitness, workshops, retreats, and trips involve physical activities that may be strenuous and may cause injury. I understand that I must judge my capabilities concerning any activity. By participating in any action or practice taught at or by Sun Lotus Retreats in any location, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, that I may incur.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician before and regarding my participation in any activity. I represent and warrant that I am physically and mentally fit and have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in any activity. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to inform the instructor of any injury or other illness that might affect my ability to participate in any activities and notify the instructor immediately if damage occurs.
- I hold myself fully responsible for my participation.
- I, MY HEIRS OR REPRESENTATIVES, RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR ASSERT CLAIM AGAINST SUN LOTUS YOGA, LLC, SUN LOTUS CENTER, SUN LOTUS RETREATS, THEIR EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGES OR DEATH CAUSED BY THEIR NEGLIGENCE. I KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM I MAY HAVE AGAINST SUN LOTUS YOGA, LLC, SUN LOTUS CENTER, THEIR EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS FOR ANY INJURY, DAMAGES, OR DEATH AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN SUN LOTUS RETREAT’S ACTIVITIES OF ANY KIND.
- I have carefully read this waiver and release. I agree to release and waive any claims that I have now irrevocably or hereafter may have against Sun Lotus Yoga, LLC, Sun Lotus Center, Sun Lotus Retreats, or any teacher affiliated with Sun Lotus Yoga.
By submitting your registration form and deposit, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to the above Terms & Conditions.