About this trip
This Journey will strengthen your practice & you will enter a deeper understanding of your mind-body spirit relationship all while having a great time in a private relaxed atmosphere under a rainforest canopy in Costa Rica. This week invites you to physicallyrecharge your body, bring balance to your life and freedom to your mind.
Discover your Nature – A Hot Yoga Retreat
6 Nights of Full Accommodations in a Beautiful 4 Star resort / Three Delicious Meals Per Day / Fresh Fruits & Coffee All Day / Daily Yoga – SUN26 in an on-site Heated Studio with Joseph / Lotus Sculpt with Carolina / Beautiful on-site Gardens, Swimming Pool & Whirl Pool / Outdoor Activities including Surfing, Nature Park Visit, Zip Line and More / Meditation Sessions / Walking Distance from World-Class Surf Beach, Jaco.
Jaco, Costa Rica
Jaco is located in the center of the Pacific coast. Jaco Beach itself is about three miles long. The valley is ringed by beautiful jungle-covered mountains that rise 1,000 feet from the sea. Much of the beachfront development is residential on the south end, and the sand and the surf breaks here are wide open and uncrowded. In the center and middle, you will find more hostels and low-budget hotels and the mega-hotels in Jaco, so there are crowds if you are looking for them, but a seclusion is an option.
Jaco has long been recognized as the “surf city” of Costa Rica. There are ten more beaches and river mouth breaks within an hour’s drive. This area of the coast receives more consistent surf than most places on the planet, and with ten beaches to choose from, there is almost always something firing!
Docelunas has 20 rooms spread out over five acres of landscaped jungle gardens at the edge of the rainforest. The hotel s over 30 species of trees grow here, including seven different palm species and lots of flowers, including the exotic, sweet-smelling, ylang-ylang. Birds of paradise, heliconias, orchids, and bromeliads are everywhere!
The hotel is at the base of the tallest mountain, one mile from the south end of Jaco beach. Jaco Costa Rica is the most famous surf beach town in Costa Rica. It is the most accessible beach town to get to from the San Jose airport.
is the primary airport serving San José, the capital of Costa Rica. It’s advised to schedule roundtrips between the dates of August 29th – September 4th. Airport transportation will be provided only during this dates. Ride from the airport to the hotel should be between 1.5 – 2 hours depending on traffic.
May, June, July, and August, the weather in Jaco Costa Rica is variable, with some sunny days and a few torrential showers of rain. Ten to twenty days out of the month, there will be some precipitation. In Jaco, the average rainfall for these months is about 5 inches. A lot of those five inches will fall in five or six hefty rains. Temperatures are slightly more relaxed, with daytime high temperatures around 84 being typical.
SUN26 is a system of yoga synthesized from traditional hatha yoga techniques. All classes run for 90 minutes and consist of 26 postures, including two breathing exercises. Our daily morning classes are conducted in an on-site heated studio and led by International Yoga Champion Joseph Encinia. This retreat will also include a Master Class that will improve your technique and understanding, all while taking you to the next level of your practice.
A High Intensity-Low Impact full body conditioning class designed to tone and strengthen not only the big muscle groups but also target those “hard to get” muscles. With a combination of Barre, Pilates and Isometrics, and a strong focus on form precision to ensure a safe training, Lotus Sculpt© by Carolina Rivera promotes and improves your core strength and definition, builds toned and lean muscle, improves body alignment, posture and joint stability and increases endurance, all while following the rhythm of high energy and fun music!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Participants must be 21+ by the beginning of the event.
- We require all participants to provide proof of fully vaccinated at least 30 days before the retreat’s starting date. Sun Lotus Retreats has the right to terminate any reservation at any time that cannot provide this.
- Airfare, alcoholic beverages, and tips are not included.
- Space is limited to ensure the quality of your experience. The deposit will hold your place. Half of the remaining balance is due45 days before the first day of the vacation (July 15th, 2021). The final payment is due 30 days before the first day of the retreat (July 30th, 2021).
- Airport: Flights must be booked to Juan Santamaria International Airport, San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO).
- The check-in date is Sunday, August 29th. Activities start on Sunday evening. The check-out date is Saturday, September 4th. If you plan to arrive earlier than the start date or stay later than the end date, we would gladly contact the hotel and help you book those extra nights of accommodation and airport transportation. This will have to be processed through the hotel.
- Airport transportation will be included only during the following dates: August 29th arrival and September 4th departure.
- Please share your flight information with us as soon as it is booked to organize airport transportation.
- All guests to this retreat are booked directly with Sun Lotus Retreats. All retreat activities are exclusive only for Sun Lotus Retreats guests.
- Payments: All online payments will be processed via WeTravel and can be made with a credit card (2.9% fee) or through your bank account (free of charge). You can choose to make one full payment or a $600 deposit plus two installments (due on July 15th, 2021 & July 30th, 2021). We accept check payments; please inquire via email for the mailing address. The prices stated are per person.
- Cancellations and Refunds: There are no refunds available. Participants who cannot attend under any circumstances will be offered 50% credit for their balance towards the next vacation. Travel insurance is not included in the package, but it’s required to enter Costa Rica. More information below.
- Welcome Packet: Upon registration, you will receive a Welcome Packet including further information about the schedule, suggested packing list, and other details.
- Sun Lotus Retreats reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events at any time for any reason.
Traveling to Costa Rica
- We require all participants to provide proof of fully vaccinated at least 30 days before the retreat’s starting date. Sun Lotus Retreats has the right to terminate any reservation at any time that cannot provide this. Airlines might require a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before your first flight.
- Visitors traveling to Costa Rica will need to provide proof of a medical insurance policy to cover any COVID-19 related medical treatment or quarantine lodging while in Costa Rica. In the case of international insurance, tourists must request from their insurer a certification issued in English or Spanish, noting: 1) the validity of the policy during the dates of visit to Costa Rica, 2) guarantee of coverage for medicals expenses in cases of COVID-19 related medical treatment for 50,000 USD and, 3) minimum coverage of 2,000 USD for extended lodging expenses due to COVID-19 related illness. It is also possible to purchase a Costa Rican medical insurance policy through the National Insurance Institute (INS) or Sagicor of Costa Rica, covering the duration of your stay in Costa Rica.
- All visitors must also complete an online Health Pass 48 hours before traveling to Costa Rica. The Health Pass can be found at https://salud.go.cr. You will need to enter details like passport, travel insurance, flight, seat number, trip length, etc. Once you finish filling the health pass, you will be given a QR code that Costa Rica will require at immigration.
- Masks won’t be required on hotel premises, including the Yoga room. Please notice that masks are needed outside the hotel and to enter businesses in town. Please follow local guidelines.
Traveling from Costa Rica
- All airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within three calendar days of flight departure from Costa Rica.
- If you are traveling to another country, please check the local Covid guidelines.
What is included
- Airport transportation
- All Meals(Starting dinner on Sunday 29th)
- Daily Yoga Classes Lead by Joseph Encinia
- Lotus Sculpt Classes Lead by Carolina Rivera
- Outdoor Activities :Surfing, Beach Time, Zip Lining, Nature Park
- Meditation Sessions Lead by Joseph Encinia
What is not included
- Flights to/from SJO
- Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Covid Test